INVENT is an innovative software development consulting firm founded by industry veteran, Oleg Tishkevich and an elite team of Cloud technologists. Purpose built to assist financial organizations to modernize their advisor technology stack, INVENT is transforming how financial services operate. For years, financial organizations have been hard at work trying to upgrade their systems to stay current with today’s more complex and rapidly changing demands, however, the pace of change is now faster than their ability to keep up.
Which is why we created INVENT – to leverage our unique combination of domain expertise, design and technical implementation, combined with broad connections throughout the wealth management industry to simplify complex system architecture and get our clients fully Cloud-native.
Through our innovative software development model, organizations can quickly streamline their technology infrastructure, legacy systems, simplify API’s, and integrate siloed applications and systems into a unified Cloud ecosystem.
Full-time, remote, independent contractor agreement
Our team is growing, and now we are looking for a passionate Java software engineer to help with the design and implementation of cloud platform capabilities. You will work collaboratively within the distributed team to solve complex technical challenges.
- Implement features and bug fixes as part of delivering our cloud platform.
- Code, test, debug, document and implement complex software applications.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design and code reviews.
- Perform unit and integration testing on all application functionality and support integration and load testing activities.
- A love for simple, clear, bulletproof code and elegant solutions.
- 5-10+ years of software development experience, preferably for a B2B SaaS product and/or in a successful start-up environment.
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Spark.
- Expert-level familiarity with Java or Scala.
- Strong working knowledge of Reactive application development tools and relevant design pattern/architecture such as Event Sourcing, DDD, CQRS, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch, and Distributed Computing.
- Solid experience with REST and API design.
- Experience with a broad range of patterns, tools, frameworks, and libraries, preferably including one or more of Big Data and Data Analytics, Service-Oriented Architectures, Microservices, SOLID, CQRS, SQL, NoSQL, Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud platforms Azure/GCP/AWS is a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Competitive compensation package
We are fully remote.
- Software development: 5 years (Required)